Sunday, August 16, 2009

Door trim falling

Seafair weekend I parked my car in the sun. I came back several hours later to find the door trim falling down from the roof interior hanging by the driver window. I pulled it down so I could drive. Last weekend I bought epoxy/resin and spent 2-3 hours iterating through a painstaking process. Mixing the epoxy applying to a coupe inches of trim, clamping the section of trim and then waiting 10mins for it to attach. I looked at the passenger side of the car and noticed the trim was starting to give there too.
A little embarassing to be a BMW fan-boy while having to explain these kinds of durability issues. My opinion is that BMW isn't really as reliable as people think, and reliablility is not what BMW markets. It's not a Toyota or a Honda. But then again that's why I like it. It's the drive that makes it compelling not the durrability.

No comments:

Post a Comment